Efforts with the Progressive Party of the Maldives (PPM) is on to bridge the gap between Gayoom brothers- President Abdulla Yameen and former President and PPM President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom- amid the escalating political situation in the country.
- PPM has decided to meet brothers to sort out the differences between them
- Meanwhile, on Maumoon Gayoom’s demand two MPs communicated their official apology
- MP Asma Rasheed and Baarah MP Ibrahim Sujau apologised for walking out of party’s council meeting in July
- Asma and Sujau apologised to Maumoon via PPM’s official Viber group
- Gayoom had threatened to hold council meeting only after the “rebels” apologised
The message sent by by both Asma and Sujau read:
Read full story on Sun Online