A 28-year-old Maldivian man has been sentenced to 10 years in jail in India for smuggling heroin in February 2012.
- Ajouth Mohammed has been sentenced with two Indian nationals
- A city court in Bengaluru sentenced the three on Friday
- Indian police had arrested Ajouth Mohammed, Banwarilal and Chetan Saxena with 500 grams of heroin in 2012
- The court also slapped Rs 10,000 fine on them failing which they will have to serve an additional year in jail
- Ajouth had cited medical treatment as his official purpose of visit to India
Read full story at Bangalore Mirror