The third edition of Maldives Investment Forum was all praise of President Abdulla Yameen by his cabinet ministers – Vice President Abdulla Jihad and Economic Development Minister Mohamed Saeed – as they tried to garner the interest of investors in the Indian capital New Delhi on Tuesday.
The annual forum to tap the potential of the Maldives’ tourism and infrastructure sector in the international market was started under the presidency of Abdulla Yameen in 2014 in Singapore followed by Beijing in 2015.
Here are top 5 mentions of President Abdulla Yameen at the high-profile investment forum:
- GDP has grown with double digit under the leadership of President Yameen in last three years
- We have seen the trust for President Yameen’s economic policies. We are seeing the results of our efforts
- Far-sighted policies of President Yameen has narrowed down fiscal deficit in the country
- President Yameen has eased monetary policies leading to increased credit availability for the private sector and have lowered inflation
- President Yameen’s government promotes a transparent, hassle-free and liberal trading and investment environment and believes in strong, predictable and transparent commercial regime is critical for private sector led growth