Former Defense Minister Colonel (Retired) Mohamed Nazim’s case will be re-investigated as per instructions of Supreme Court if there is new evidence, said Minister of Home Affairs, Umar Naseer, on Sunday.
- Speaking to a news channel, Naseer said the case would be probed again in case new evidence comes into light that was not discovered in the original investigation conducted by the police.
- Umar said he wanted to make sure that the government was not blamed in Nazim’s case.
- According to Nazim’s lawyer, Husnu Suood, they were now sure the weapons found in his client’s apartment were planted there and that they knew who did it.
- The name of the man had been submitted as evidence when they filed for appeal, Suood said.
- “I want to investigate it if the claim that the pistol was planted in Nazim’s apartment is true,” said Umar.
- Nazim was awarded a prison sentenace of 11 years based on police testimony that a pistol and three bullets were found in his apartment.